Mental and Behavioral Health Resources
The New Mexico Crisis and Access Line (NMCAL) has developed the NMConnect smartphone app for all New Mexicans.
· NMCAL has been serving the state for over 7 years;
o has fielded over 245,000 calls and 70,000 text messages;
o averages 4,500 calls and 4,500 text messages each month;
· The NMConnect App enables us to reach even more of New Mexico’s 2 million+ residents.
NMConnect is here to close the gap by engaging people with immediate access to mental health professionals and resources.
1. Directly connect to a counselor or peer support worker;
2. Directly text a peer support worker;
3. Access up to date resources for substance use, mental health services, and other community resources
4. Information on the state response to COVID-19
o This feature can be tailored for future mental health initiatives the state is leading.
Highlights of NMConnect:
1. The NMConnect App is available now on both IOS and Android.
o Link to the Apple iOS download: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nmconnect/id1505881354
o Link to the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nmcrisisline.app
2. NMConnect promotional video can be seen at: https://vimeo.com/403526554/303b8436
What is the New Mexico Crisis and Access Line (NMCAL):
· The New Mexico Crisis and Access Line is funded by the State of New Mexico and answered everyday of the year by ProtoCall Services, Inc.
· ProtoCall is the nation’s leading provider for specialty telephonic behavioral health services providing seamless access to crisis assessment, intervention, stabilization, and referrals.
· Our staff of mental health professionals have either a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral-level degree and support callers on our Crisis Line 24 hours a day, while our Certified Peer Support
· Specialists answer calls on the Warmline from 3:30pm – 11:30pm MT and texts from 6pm – 10p MT;
· Additional information can be found online at www.nmcrisisline.com
Human Services Department--Behavioral Health Collaborative
We ask you to please share the attached Press Release on this app that the State of New Mexico released today.
-- Call the Crisis Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
-- Call the Peer to Peer Warmline from 3:30p - 11:30p MT everyday
-- Text the Peer to Peer Warmline from 6:00p - 11:00p MT everyday